Hard-to-cut materials are rapidly increasing as machine parts have become lighter and smaller in line with the requirements for energy conservation and other eco-friendly features, as implemented in the automotive, aviation, and space industries, among the major industries producing such parts.
It is increasingly becoming difficult
to manufacture machine parts using older-generation cutting tools.
- 01Respond to the trends in the global manufacturing industry by increasing the use of sophisticated materials in machining and manufacturing machine parts.
- 02It is urgent to obtain domestic manufacturing technologies for sophisticated cutting tools and to foster the hub for such technologies to sustain the industry.
- 03It is necessary to develop the sophisticated tools industry to enhance the competitiveness of the industry as well as those of other key industries.
Develop sophisticated cutting tools for hard-to-cut materials,
and build a business support system
- Develop sophisticated cutting tools for hard-to-cut materials
- AircraftAl alloy, Ti alloy, CFRP
- SpaceSTS, Inconel, heat-resistant alloy
- Electricity and electronicsMg alloy, ceramics, Cu alloy
- EnergyCarbon, ceramics, Cu alloy
- MedicineTi alloy, STS, ceramics
- Automotive enginesCGI, ceramics, heat-resistant alloy
- AutomobilesInconel,Hastloy, STS
- Aircraft enginesInconel, STS,Hastloy